Why become a speaker?
Get creative. Make your stay in Minnesota even more exciting by inspiring young people to open their minds to new perspectives and places through classroom conversations.
- Share your life story, culture and heritage
- Make new and fascinating friends - both locally and globally
- Gain skills in public speaking. Add value to your résumé/curriculum vitae
- Learn about U.S. education system through school visits
- Explore Minnesota culture and its history in the Twin Cities and rural communities
- Discover more about yourself as you teach others
- Receive an expense stipend for speaking
- Give creatively and joyfully of yourself in return for the wonderful opportunity you have in international living
- Receive a complimentary membership to the Minnesota International Center. Take advantage of world affairs programs and dinner hosting opportunities, and more
The rewards are great!