What the classroom students have gained:
- "The students had a chance to see another culture as different and wonderful."
- 1st grade teacher, Blake Lower School, Hopkins
- "The speaker gave the students a window into another country."
- 4th grade teacher, Pine Bend Elementary, Inver Grove Heights
- "The students gained an understanding of another country, region and people; a realization of the interconnectedness of people; and a global awareness and concern for others."
- 12th grade teacher, Washburn Senior High School, Minneapolis
- "Students learn an appreciation for all people and diverse traditions."
- 2nd grade teacher, Lily Lake Elementary School, Stillwater
- "The students heard about personal experiences, unlike what is being presented on the news and in their books."
- speaker from Israel
- "The most important thing, I suppose, is that they were exposed to differences - the first step in intercultural development."
- speaker from Hungary
- "Students gained much more information from direct contact with the speaker than they perhaps could learn from the text book only. Also, the presence of a speaker created impetus for students to read the textbook."
- speaker from China
What the international speaker has gained:
- "I just love the atmosphere in those classrooms - so friendly, so energetic. The interactions, the communications from both sides... make me feel so happy."
- speaker from Taiwan
- "The young students in a special way showed me an aspect of the American life and its realities that greatly impacted on my insights of the similarities between Kenya and the USA."
- speaker from Kenya
- "I always learn from students! (How much or how little I know things.)"
- speaker from Brazil
- "I thought that what the speaker had to say was very interesting. It's nice to learn about China from an actual Chinese person."
- 7th grade student, Webster Open School, Minneapolis
- "I really enjoyed learning about Sweden. I learned that not all countries are the same,"
- 5th grade student, Park Elementary, Hutchinson
© Minnesota International Center